Daily Event for July 18

On this date in 1943 two Japanese destroyers were launched, Asashimo at Fujunagata Zosensho, Osaka, Japan
and Okinami at the Maizuru Navy Yard. Both shared the same fate, sunk by U.S. carrier aircraft. Asashimo on
Apr. 7, 1945 and Okinami on Nov. 13, 1944. When Asashimo was sunk her entire crew was lost.
© 2008 Michael W. Pocock

2006 Daily Event
2007 Daily Event